Kopernik AstroFest 2013
October 4, 2013 @ 12:00 am - October 6, 2013 @ 12:00 am
Kopernik AstroFest is a celebration of the night sky and amateur astronomy. The 3-day event is held annually at the Kopernik Observatory & Science Center (KOSC). Both the KOSC and the Kopernik Astronomical Society (KAS) sponsor the event. AstroFest includes speakers on a variety of topics, demonstrations, an amateur astronomy roundtable discussion, the Kopernik AstroFest Solar Star Party, and nightly observing if skies are clear. Non-fire camping is allowed on the facility grounds for an additional cost.
Kopernik Observatory sports a 20” Ritchey-Chretien OGS Telescope, Celestron C-14 SCT, and a 6” Astrophysics F/12 refractor that will be open for use in observing under clear skies. During clear daytime skies, the legendary Barlow Bob will host the Kopernik AstroFest Solar Star Party (KASSP).
If you are an amateur astronomer located in the Northeastern US, we would love to host you at Kopernik AstroFest 2013.
This year's guest speakers will be:
• Dr. Stefanie Milam – NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Astrochemistry Theory and Observation
• Bob Berman – Author of many nonfiction books.
• Dr. Carolyn Porco – Space Science Institute, Cassini Mission, A Skype Interview with Q&A session
• Barlow Bob - Solar Observing Enthusiast
• Bob Piekiel – Telescope Optics Tuning
• Dave Bishop – Astronomy Imaging Enthusiast
• Patrick Manley - Meteorite Enthusiast
• Ryan Goodson - New Moon Telescope Display
Please visit the AstroFest 2- 013 page for more information:
Dates: Friday, 10/4/2013 - Sunday, 10/6/2013
Location: Kopernik Observatory & Science Center, 698 Underwood Road, Vestal, NY 13850 (Get Directions)