ScopeOut Astronomy Fair
September 12, 2009 @ 12:00 am
CINCINNATI OBSERVATORY CENTER’S 11th ANNUAL ASTRONOMY FAIR.
On Saturday, September 12, 2009, The Cincinnati Observatory Center continues the celebration of the International Year of Astronomy and the hobby of astronomy with our 11th Anniversary annual ScopeOut Astronomy Fair.
ScopeOut 2009 is an opportunity for families and people of all ages to look at the latest and greatest astronomical equipment offered by local and national vendors. Other activities include:
• How to buy and use your telescope
• Telescope making demonstrations
• Educational materials for teachers
• Space art and astrophotography exhibits
• Science career information from University of Cincinnati, Xavier University, Northern Kentucky and other local universities
• Kids’ crafts, art and science activities
• Ask the Astronomer Booth
• Safe viewing of the sun
• Evening stargazing through our 105 and 166 year old telescopes
• Tours of this National Historic Landmark and “The Birthplace of American Astronomy”
• The public is encouraged to bring their telescopes for expert help
• Door prizes include telescopes, binoculars, and all sorts of astronomical goodies.
• Dinner & keynote lecture.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
1 PM to 5 PM for the Fair
6 PM to 8 PM for the dinner & Keynote Lecture
Owen Gingerich “Kepler, Newton & the Birth of Modern Science”
8 to 10:30 PM celestial viewing of the Moon and Stars (weather permitting)
Adults, $5.00 Children $3.00
Keynote Speaker and Dinner Reservations, add $15