ScopeOut Astronomy Fair
September 13, 2008 @ 12:00 am EDT
CINCINNATI OBSERVATORY CENTER’S 10th ANNUAL ASTRONOMY FAIR.
On Saturday, September 13, 2008, The Cincinnati Observatory Center will celebrate the hobby of astronomy with our 10th Anniversary annual ScopeOut Astronomy Fair.
ScopeOut 2008 is an opportunity for families and people of all ages to look at the latest and greatest astronomical equipment offered by local and national vendors. Other activities include:
• How to buy and use your telescope
• Telescope making demonstrations
• Space art and astrophotography exhibits
• Educational materials for teachers
• Science career information from University of Cincinnati, Xavier University, Northern Kentucky and other local universities
• Kids’ crafts, art and science activities
• Ask the Astronomer Booth
• Safe viewing of the sun
• Evening stargazing through our 104 and 165 year old telescopes
• Tours of the Birthplace of American Astronomy, a National Historic Landmark
• The public is encouraged to bring their telescopes for expert help
• Door prizes include telescopes, binoculars, and all sorts of astronomical goodies.
• Dinner & keynote lecture.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
1 PM to 5 PM for the Fair
6 PM to 8 PM for the dinner & Keynote Lecture
Phil Plait “The Bad Astronomer”
8 to 10:30 PM celestial viewing of the Moon and Stars (weather permitting)
Adults, $5.00 Children $3.00
Keynote Speaker and Dinner Reservations, add $15