If you'll be in the path of the October 14, 2023, annular eclipse, here's what you can look for as the Moon covers the face of the Sun.
A solar eclipse will soon grace the skies over the Americas. On Saturday, October 14, 2023, the Moon will cross in front of the Sun, covering at most 90% of it — the remaining 10% will appear as a blazing “ring of fire” around the Moon’s black silhouette.
Some eclipse-chasers will choose to view a “broken ring” and a long display of Baily's beads on October 14, 2023.
Stargazers will be interested not only in the annular eclipse this October but also in the dark skies in parks along the eclipse path!
The October 2023 and April 2024 solar eclipses will thrill millions of North Americans. These maps will enlighten and inspire viewers for the events to come.
If today’s solar eclipse has you wondering when the next one will cross the continent, start planning now for a stellar trip around October 14, 2023.